Students who attended an Iowa accredited nonpublic school in the 2022-23 school year, and will not be attending kindergarten for the 2023-24 school year.
If the parent/guardian did not complete a 2022 Iowa State Tax Return, additional documentation will be required. Details of approved documents to submit for income requirement verification are listed below:
Approved Income Restriction Verification Documents
- Existing Iowa resident:
- Proof of enrollment in an Iowa program that has an income eligibility component that is below the income threshold.
- Eligible programs: SNAP, child care assistance, or cash assistance
- Required documentation: Iowa HHS Notice of Decision or image of SNAP card with matching parent name
- New Iowa resident:
- 2022 tax return from another state, or
- Most recent pay stub for both parents/guardians and letter from each employer verifying annual income for the employee, or
- If the information above is not available: Other situation requires (1) written and signed narrative of situation from parent/guardian, (2) stated claim of net income and household size, and (3) related documentation proving net income and/or household size (e.g., divorce decree in the case of divorce, unemployment letter in the case of unemployment)