Proof of Iowa residency is based on the parent/guardian’s 2022 Iowa State Tax Return. If the parent/guardian did not complete a 2022 Iowa State Tax Return, additional documentation will be required. Details of approved documents to submit for residency verification are listed below.
Approved Residency Verification Documents
- Current Iowa Driver’s License
- Proof of Residence (current mortgage, lease, utility bill) and one of the following:
- Iowa Voter Registration Card
- Claim of Homestead Credit or Military Tax Exemption on a home in Iowa
- Active checking or savings account with an Iowa address
- Other documents and correspondence initiated during tax periods with an Iowa address
- Other written and signed narrative from parent/guardian including a stated claim of Iowa residency, and other related documentation reflecting residency.