If we were unable to verify one or more eligibility criteria for your application, we will ask you to upload documents to your account. Please login to your Odyssey Portal to upload the required documents, which will be provided at the bottom of this page.
How to Upload Documents:
- Log in to your Odyssey Students First Act ESA Profile using your username and password
- Please be sure you are checking the "Log In" button and not the "Sign Up" or an error message will appear
- Once you have logged in, please go to to the section titled "Uploaded Documents"
- This section will be located in your application
- Please double check that you are uploading the correct documents for the specific reason the application requires "Manual Review"
- This would mean to verify whether or not your application needs income documents, residency documents, or both
- Once you have verified that you have ALL the documents required, please click the button "Add Documents" on the right hand corner and the area to upload the documents will appear.
- Please be sure that the document is no more than 10 MB and is in the correct format listed in the upload box
- Once you have made sure everything has been uploaded, please scroll down and click the button "Submit Documents For Review" in order to fully submit the documents
- Please be sure to submit the documents for review as this will fully "resubmit" the application with its supporting documents required for verification
Tax documents are not approved documentation, do not upload a copy of your tax return.
A. List of acceptable documents for income:
• Existing Iowa resident: Proof of enrollment in an Iowa program that has an income eligibility component that is below the income threshold.
• Eligible Programs: SNAP, child care assistance, or cash assistance
• Required documentation: Notice of Decision from Iowa HHS or image of SNAP card with matching parent name.
• Existing Iowa resident or new Iowa resident:
• Most recent pay stub for both parents/guardians, letter from each employer verifying annual income for the employee, and statement of household size.
• For all other income issues if the above information is not available:
• Required documentation: (1) written and signed narrative of situation from parent/guardian, (2) stated claim of net income and household size, and (3) related documentation proving net income and/or household size (e.g., divorce decree in the case of divorce, unemployment letter in the case of unemployment)
B. List of acceptable documents for residency:
• Standalone documents:
• Current Iowa driver’s license
• Combination: Proof of residence (current mortgage, lease, utility bill) and one of the following:
• Iowa voter registration card
• Claim of homestead credit or military tax exemption on a home in Iowa
• Active checking or savings account with Iowa address (must have bank logo or letterhead)
• If none of the above documents are available:
• Required documentation: (1) written and signed narrative of situation from parent/guardian, (2) stated claim of Iowa residency, and (3) proposed documentation reflecting residency
• Other documents and correspondence initiated during tax periods with an Iowa address.